Its now taken me more than 4 weeks to convert all the tunes on Ambisonia to DTS surround (excluding writing the script which took about a month).
The process is so %$(&^!) laborious. I have to boot into Linux … and run the script. Then I check every channel in every file to make sure that there’s no clipping (there often is) … in which case I have to apply an amplitude envelope and re-do the conversion.
Then I boot into windows to do the DTS wrapping.
There is no commercially available command line or batch scriptable DTS wrapper… meaning that I have to do every DTS conversion manually with the supplied GUI.
Its times like these I realise that I’m trying to do something other people havn’t done yet … I’m sitting at the bleeding edge.
… anyway, back to the DTS conversions.