I _know_ where ambisonia needs to go (more or less), but I dont have the resources to take it there.
The challenge is not even prioritisation anymore. There is so much work to do that not even prioritisation seems to be helping me advance. Or maybe that is not my problem. Maybe my problem is that I find it very difficult to focus on one small aspect of ambisonia, when there is so much to think about with the bigger picture. Perhaps my concentration has been hyjacked by the bigger picture.
What is the NEXT most important thing to do? Is it:
- Finish the ‘uploader’ to make it easier for people upload? We cant have too little content.
- Redesign the site around the new mantra… for better communication when newcomers land on the site.
- Introduce categories so that people can browse just one style of recording?
- Launch the ‘War of the Worlds’ project where we produce a purchase-only DVD-A remix of this minths best submissions?
- Test production of AC3 (or AAC) to see if this draws the doom9.org crowd more than DTS. The Doom9 crowd are perhaps the largest online surround sound consumers… and they heavily favour AC3.
- Binaural conversion. It is going to be difficult to get a good binaural convertion. Is it worth getting an average binaural conversion out there?
What do you think?